Various Artists – Linn Records – The Super Audio Surround Collection Volume 2
PS3 Rip | ISO | SACD DSD 2.0/5.1 | DSD 2.8 MHz | 01:04:14 minutes | image | 3.6 GB
Following numerous requests from the audiophile community, Linn Records has produced a stunning new collection of demonstration quality tracks that showcase our artists at their very best. Encompassing classical, jazz and Celtic music, the Linn Super Audio Surround Collection Vol. 2 exemplifies Linn Records’ commitment to quality, originality and diversity. Many of the artists featured have never before appeared on a Linn Records compilation CD.
Making their debut are La Scala and Covent Garden favourite Emma Bell, whose soaring soprano voice garnered her numerous five star reviews for her 2005 album ‘Handel Operatic Arias’, the inimitable Girl Talk, a trio of divas whose witty and politically incorrect showstoppers have delighted UK audiences for seven sell-out years, Ian Shaw, recently nominated for ‘Best Vocalist’ at this year’s BBC Jazz Awards and named Britain’s leading male jazz singer by The Guardian and Baroque specialist Alison McGillivray whose debut album ‘Geminiani Cello Sonatas’ was awarded Best Classical CD of 2005 by the Financial Times. Tracks by William Carter and Ian Bruce, not originally released on the SACD format, have been specially mastered for inclusion on this compilation.
Particularly exciting is the inclusion of a new track by Barb Jungr, from her new album ‘Walking in the Sun’ due for release in October 2006. This is the first time a new track has ever been previewed on a Linn compilation.
2. Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home (Richard Rodney Bennett)
3. Minor Swing (Martin Taylor)
4. That Old Black Magic (Sarah Moule)
5. I Enjoy Being A Girl (Girl Talk)
6. Who Do You Love? (Barb Jungr)
7. The Meaning Of The Blues (Claire Martin)
8. Little Auk (Haftor Medboe Group)
9. Variations On a Theme of Frank Bridge – Aria Italiana (Scottish Ensemble)
10. Czech Suite – Polka (Scottish Chamber Orchestra)
11. Flute Concerto in G K.313 – Rondo: Tempo di menuetto (Scottish Chamber Orchestra)
12. Fantaisie Impromptu in C# minor, Op.66 (Artur Pizarro)
13. Orrida agli occhi miei (Emma Bell)
14. Overture in C op.1 no.2 Allegro (Concerto Caledonia)
15. Sonata op.5 no.4 in B flat – Allegro (Allison McGillivray)
16. Pieces in D Gigue a la maniere Anglois (William Carter)
17. Lassie wi’the lintwhite locks (Ian Bruce)