Bengt Berg – The Birds And The Springs (1974) [Reissue 2006]
PS3 Rip | SACD ISO | DST64 2.0 & 5.0 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | 73:08 minutes | Scans included | 3,62 GB
or FLAC 2.0 Stereo (converted with foobar2000 to tracks) 24bit/88,2 kHz | Scans included | 1,31 GB
This disc is a compilation of two legendary organ recordings that were issued on LP in 1974. It reminds us once again that a first-class organ, a brilliant organist and state-of-the-art sound recording produce a musical result that remains as satisfying today as it seemed at the time. The disc also shows how convincingly a “modern” organ can perform both sonorous classical music as well as mysterious impressionism of later French music. One only needs to put the disc in the player to be transported to the Matteus Church in Stockholm or the Vanga Church with its cathedral-like atmosphere.
01. Nikolaus Bruhns – Prelude and Fuga in E minor
02. L.C. Daquin – Nol Grand Jeu Et Duo
03. Dietrich Buxtehude – Choral prelude: Von Gott Will Ich Nicht Lassen
04. Louis Vierne – Carillon De Westminster
05. H.F. Micheelsen – Toccata from Organ Concerto II
06. Johann Pachelbel – Ciacona in F minor
07. N.A. Lebegue – Noel, Cette Journee
08. J.P. Sweelinck – Variations on Est-ce Mars
09. Antonio Vivaldi – Largo for Sopranino and Strings in C
10. Dietrich Buxtehude – Prelude and Fuga in F-sharp minor
11. J.S. Bach – Choral prelude: O Lamm Gottes, unschuldig
12. Olivier Messiaen – Communion. Les Oiseaux Et Les Sources (The Birds and the Springs)
Tracks “01-05” > The Organ in Metteus Church, Stockholm.
Tracks “06-12” > The Organ in Vanga Church, Ostergotlanf.